The Game Developers Conference (GDC) provides a range of options to attend with a free or discounted pass in an effort to be inclusive, diverse, and accessible. GDC partners with organizations that provide free passes through Scholarship programs, conducts an annual Low Income Pass Lottery, and organizes a Conference Associates program where you can apply to work during the event in exchange for a pass. Please review programs, qualifications, and application deadlines.
GDC Diversity Scholarship Program
GDC partners with organizations to support the flourishing diversity in our community. Below is a list of 2020 scholarship partner organizations, each with their own scholarship program guidelines. Qualified candidates can apply to receive a complimentary GDC Conference + Summits pass. Additional information will be linked below as the organizations announce their application process.
2020 Scholarship Partner Organizations
- Slovak Game Developers Association
- Train Jam
- Latam Video Game Federation
- The Game Devs of Color Expo
- Women in Games France
- Xbox - Celebrating Asians in Gaming Scholarship
- Xbox - Jerry Lawson Grant for Career Development
- Xbox - Latinx in Gaming Scholarship
- Xbox - Women in Gaming Game Changer Scholarship
GDC has once again partnered with the Indie Giving charity to donate 30 Independent Games Summit passes to the 2019 Indie Giving initiative, with the proceeds and volunteering time going to San Francisco homeless charities. If you're looking to do some good for the local community, learn more about this incredible program and how to participate now.
Low-Income Pass Lottery
The Low Income Pass Lottery awards selected entrants a complimentary Expo Plus Pass. The lottery is intended to help game professionals who would otherwise not be able to attend without financial assistance.
Guidelines for entry include:
- Enter by January 6 at 11:59pm PT.
- One entry per person.
- You may enter for this pass each year if you have need.
- If you are awarded a pass, you will be automatically registered by the GDC team.
- Passes are non-transferrable and have no cash value.
- If you have already purchased a pass to GDC, you are not eligible.
- The lottery results (ie: if you are selected or not) will be announced via email in January prior to the early registration deadline.
Apply to Work for an All Access Pass
If you are eligible to work in the United States of America and would like to work for 25 hours during GDC from Sunday, March 15 through Friday, March 20, 2020, apply to be a Conference Associate (CA). CA's help monitor sessions, scan badges, answer attendee questions, and other tasks in exchange for an All Access Pass that can be used during off hours and a little extra money.
Learn more about the CA Program and application deadlines.
If you have additional questions, please contact the CA Manager, Ian MacKenzie, at [email protected].