All who plan to record video footage at the GDC and VRDC must adhere to the following policies.
In order to film at the Moscone Convention Center, you are required to hire labor from Local 16 IATSE, per the below:
- A Local 16 technician will be required for every operating position within a film or video production. Coverage for each member of a crew will need to be one to one for each technical position.
- Local 16 labor can be contracted through Event Technology Services (ETS): Trent Hotman, [email protected]v.com, 469-733-3566
- A broadcast fee may apply if the intention of the video recording is for mass broadcast or webcast - including social media posts, on-demand video and web streaming. Billing is performed by Event Technology Services. Contact ETS: Trent Hotman, [email protected], 469-733-3566, for an estimate.
The only exception to the union labor requirement above is if all three of the below points are true:
a) You are a legitimate news media outlet and carry valid press credentials provided by the GDC press office
b) Your only intention is to gather film clips to accompany news coverage about the GDC; clips must follow the guidelines listed below.
c) Your equipment is battery-operated; you CANNOT plug into the Moscone Center’s power
- Permission must be authorized for filming onsite by conference management or the GDC’s public relations representative: fortyseven communications. Please obtain a sticker for your badge from a fortyseven representative in the press room which will indicate that you have been approved.
- Individual conference session recordings (lectures and panels) can be no longer than five minutes in length, and can only consist of the FIRST FIVE MINUTES of the session.
- Recording of roundtables is completely prohibited.
- Once permission for recording is obtained from conference management or fortyseven communications, the recorder must also obtain permission from the speaker(s). Interconnecting with existing audio or video recordings is prohibited. In other words, you may not obtain a direct feed from the AV technician in the session room you are attending.
- Conference session footage taken at the event must be used as Broll only with replay of 5 minutes total of the entire GDC at the most.
- Requests for interviews with conference management must be facilitated through fortyseven communications. Please proceed to the press room for assistance or email [email protected].
Please note that press and attendees found violating these guidelines will be asked to leave the event. Conference Associates staffing each session will be monitoring recording activity.