We’ve made it to the fourth day of the Game Developers Conference! If you’re feeling a bit tired from last night’s IGF and GDCA ceremony, we’ve got what you need to make it a fantastic Thursday at GDC 2022.
The GDC Expo opens at 10:00am today. Head over to take a look at our incredible sponsors and exhibitors. You can also check out the GDC Play finalists and alt.ctrl.GDC alternative controllers, as well as stop by GDC Arcade Play to play some classic games. Be sure to head into the Digital Tote Bag on Swapcard to vote for your favorite GDC Play trailer!
Here's a few events and sessions that you'll definitely want to check out while at GDC today.
- Go on a journey through Housemarque's "indie to AAA" journey of developing ‘Returnal,’ starting at 10:00am PT in Room 2010 (West Hall)
- Learn what went into making the foley for ‘Unpacking,’ happening at 10:00am PT in Room 3004 (West Hall)
- The first day of GDC Pitch was a blast! Don’t miss out on GDC Pitch: Day 2 with even more studios pitching their games in front of a live audience; 12:30pm PT at the GDC Industry Stage on the Expo Floor
- Ready for the next jam session? Global Game Jam Roundtable is back for Day 2, this time on the Virtual GDC Platform at 2:00pm PT
- 'Wordle' creator Josh Wardle is sharing the origin story of his global phenomenon in Wordle: Doing the Opposite of What You're Meant To, at 3:00pm today in Room 2001 (West Hall). It’s sure to be eye-opening
- Learn "The Art Direction and Pipelines for Resurrecting Evil" in this 'Diablo 2: Resurrected' session at 4:00pm PT in Room 2006 (West Hall) and livestreaming on the Virtual GDC Platform
- Come celebrate "Black Excellence in Game Development" with Black in Gaming as we celebrate the extraordinary contributions of black developers in the game industry, happening at 4:00pm PT in Room 2001, West Hall
- In an enlightening postmortem of the ‘Psychonauts 2’ design process, lead designer Seth Marinello will walk through the thinking behind key systems and levels in the hit sequel! Happening at 5:30pm PT in Room 3014 (West Hall)
- The Accessibility and Accommodation Microtalks are happening at 5:30pm in Room 2014 (West Hall). Join committed advocates and experts to learn about how workplaces can effectively provide accommodations and increased accessibility
There’s even more great talks to check out on the GDC 2022 Session Viewer.