It's finally here! The Game Developers Conference 2022 has returned to the Moscone Convention Center—along with folks attending remotely from around the world. We're kicking things off with an incredible first day of Summits, talks, and events.
If you're here in San Francisco, you're welcome to pick up your GDC pass between 8:00am and 5:00pm today using our contactless system. Whether joining us in-person or remotely, be sure to complete your registration and log into Swapcard so you can start learning and networking with the global gam dev community.
In case you’re still building your schedule, we wanted to take a moment to highlight some sessions and events you shouldn’t miss out on as you start your week:
Workshops and Special Events
- Leading innovators in game narrative will share the stories behind their creations at the Narrative Innovative Showcase 2022, happening at 9:30am PT in Room 3016 (West Hall)
- Game Design Workshop Day 1 gets going at 10:00am in Room 207 (South Hall), exploring the day-to-day craft of game design through hands-on activities, group discussion, analysis, and critique
- Use Your Game Developer Superpowers to Fight the Climate Crisis Workshop takes place from 10:00am to 6:30pm PT in Room 2014 (West Hall), where teams and individuals will learn how to integrate climate change and climate resilience messaging into their games
- Check out the winners of the Game Narrative Review Competition at 12:00pm in Room 3005 (West Hall).
- Join several experienced and specialized animation experts at the Animation Microtalk Bootcamp, back for a seventh year. Starts at 5:30pm PT in Room 2001 (West Hall)
- Learn about the process and inspiration for the cinematic gameplay animation for 'Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart'! Animation Summit session starts at 9:30am PT in Room 209 (South Hall)
- Worldwalker Games’ Nate Austin talks about Getting Players Emotionally Invested in Procedural Characters in 'Wildermyth' in this Independent Games Summit session at 10:50am in Room 2009 (West Hall)
- FIFA 22' had its first 11 player vs 11 player full 90-minute match motion capture session involving professional football (soccer) teams. Find out how they did it in this Animation Summit session at 4:40pm PT in Room 2001 (West Hall)
- Daniel Mullins hosts an Independent Games Summit postmortem for his IGF Awards and GDCA-nominated game, 'Inscryption,' taking place at 4:40pm PT in Room 3002 (West Hall)
- 'Forza Horizon 5' contains the largest and most diverse world Playground Games have created to date, and the VFX team had to build all effects for this game from scratch in a new particle editor. The lead VFX shares the story at 5:30pm PT in Room 202 (South Hall)
For more great Summits and sessions to check out today, be sure to visit the full GDC 2022 schedule in Session Viewer! And if you're still in need of a GDC pass, you can register for GDC 2022 at on-site registration prices for our in-person or virtual event.
GDC is happening now in San Francisco, March 21-25! For more information on GDC 2022, including our virtual options, be sure to visit our website and follow the #GDC22 hashtag on social media.
Subscribe to the GDC newsletter and get regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or RSS.