Scrum trainer Clinton Keith has announced a two day pre-GDC course in San Francisco to educate game developers on the principles of agile project management method Scrum.
According to game industry veteran Keith, a former High Moon Studios CTO with 15 years of game industry experience, "the two-day course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum through hands-on experience and interactive project simulation."
Along the way, the "attendees will learn why such a seemingly simple process as Scrum can have such profound effects on an organization."
Participants who successfully complete the course and follow-up test will become Certified ScrumMasters through the Scrum Alliance, and receive a two-year membership in the organization -- where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
Some of the topics covered in the course will include:
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot.
- How to build a product backlog and plan releases.
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful.
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- How to help producers, artists, designers and programmers work together effectively.
- How to work with publishers and others outside the team who may not be familiar with Scrum.
- Tips and tricks from an instructor with 15 years of game development experience and 5 years of experience applying Scrum to game development.
Clinton Keith, who is partnering with the Think Services Game Group to run this pre-GDC course, is a Certified Scrum Trainer, and has over 20 years of professional development experience and 15 years in video game development experience. His games include Midnight Club, Smugglerâ€™s Run, Darkwatch, Bourne Conspiracy and numerous others, and he first introduced agile development methodologies to the video game industry in 2003.
More information on the course, which is being held on March 9th-10th at the downtown San Francisco Marriott -- including pricing and other specifics -- is available via a weblog post on Keith's agile game development-specific blog.
GDC is part of the Informa Tech Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.