It's another great day of talks, roundtables, networking, and more at the Game Developers Conference. The GDC Expo opens today, core sessions have begun, and the Main Stage is set for the "Developer's Renaissance" and the IGF Awards and GDCA!
The GDC Expo opens at 10:00am today, so be sure to head over there to check out the incredible sponsors and exhibitors. And don't forget to get to the GDC Main Stage in West Hall early to secure your spot for the GDC Main Stage on the "Developer’s Renaissance." Taking place at 12:30pm, this special event features talks from Davina Mackey, David Anfossi, and Mike Wilson. The Developer's Renaissance talks are also available as a livestream on the Virtual GDC Platform.
Wednesday's amazing day of talks and showcases culminates in the Independent Games Festival Awards and Game Developers Choice Awards, taking place at the Main Stage starting at 6:30pm (with a livestream on Twitch). You won't want to miss it!
Here are some other standout events you should check out while at GDC today:
- The Classic Game Postmortem on Wolfenstein 3D: Achtung! is happening at 9:00am PT in Room 2006 (West Hall) and livestream on Virtual GDC Platform
- Ready to jam? The Global Game Jam Roundtable is taking place at 10:30am PT in Room 208 (South Hall), for those eager to make connections with other organizers and the wider GGJ community
- There’s nothing quite like GDC Pitch, where studios pitch their games to an opinionated panel of investors and publishers, in front of a live audience. No pressure! GDC Pitch: Day 1 is happening at 12:30pm PT at the GDC Industry Stage on the Expo Floor (South Hall)
- Take “An Epic Journey through the Audio Universe that is 'Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy'” at 2:00pm PT in Room 3004 (West Hall).Star-Lord would be proud
- Gain insight into the motivations behind ‘Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart's’ dimensional transitions and the technology that powers them, happening at 3:30pm PT in Room 2006 (West Hall)
- Eager to grow your team? Head to Room 2010 (West Hall) at 5:00pm PT for Building a Strong Studio Culture Microtalks; four presentations from a diverse range of perspectives on building strong, values-based studio cultures
- This exciting session will focus on the subject of IP development by deep diving into the Clash Universe. Learn all about the ‘Clash of Clans’ world at 5:00pm PT in Room 2006 (West Hall)
- Need a break? Head to the GDC Expo! You can check out the GDC Play finalists and alt.ctrl.GDC alternative controllers—be sure to vote for your favorites—as well as stop by GDC Arcade Play to play some classic games.
There’s even more great talks to check out on the GDC 2022 Session Viewer.