We've arrived at Day 2 of the Game Developers Conference, and we're just getting started! Tuesday hosts even more Summits and sessions for our in-person and virtual attendees.
It's time to head into another day of learning, networking, and connecting—so make sure you've looked through Session Viewer and have planned your schedule of talks and sessions for the day through Swapcard.
Whether this is your first time at GDC or you're wanting a refresher on what to expect, join game developer Brandon Sheffield for GDC 101 at 5:00pm in Room 210 (South Hall)! This crash course will help you get the most out of your GDC experience by learning the ins and outs of the show.
Here are a few more can't-miss events happening today at GDC.
Workshops and Special Events
- Day 2 of the Game Design Workshop starts at 10:00am in Room 207 (South Hall). This intensive two-day workshop will explore the day-to-day craft of game design through hands-on activities, group discussion, analysis, and critique
- Hosted by Marvel and Telltale writing veteran Evan Skolnick, the Storytelling Fundamentals Workshop covers the narrative structure, vibrant character development, storytelling best practices, and more. Takes place from 10:00am to 6:30pm PT in Room 301 (South Hall)
- There's lessons to be learned in failing! The Independent Games Summit: 2022 Failure Workshop, happening at 10:50am PT in Room 2001 (West Hall) offers developers a chance to speak openly about their game development failings in the hopes that others might learn from their mistakes
- Hungry to chat with our Audio Summit speakers? Grab some food and head over to the Live Q&A Lunch at 12:00pm PT in Room 3014 (West Hall), where you can hold deeper conversations with the day's speakers on the topics that are top of mind for you about the industry
- Guerrilla senior quest designer Blake Rebouche goes in-depth explaining the creation and iteration process of the new 'Horizon Forbidden West' quest "Death's Door." Learn more at 9:30am PT in Room 2010 (West Hall)
- In this Level Design Summit Session, Arkane Lyon level designer Meghan Hannier shares how, in ‘Deathloop,’ they “Designed Four Maps Four Times.” Happens at 10:50am in Room 2016 (West Hall)
- Matthias Worch looks back at some of the projects he's worked on over the past 25 years, culminating in the recently released ‘The Matrix Awakens’ demo for Unreal Engine 5. Happens at 3:00pm PT in Room 2006 (West Hall) and on Virtual GDC Platform
- Building the first cross-platform and largest-ever 'Halo' game presented many new challenges and opportunities. 343 Industries artists share the details at 5:30pm PT in Room 3004 (West Hall)
For more great Summits and sessions to check out today, be sure to visit the full GDC 2022 schedule in Session Viewer! And if you're still in need of a GDC pass, you can register for GDC 2022 at on-site registration prices for our in-person or virtual event.
GDC is happening now in San Francisco, March 21-25! For more information on GDC 2022, including our virtual options, be sure to visit our website and follow the #GDC22 hashtag on social media.
Subscribe to the GDC newsletter and get regular updates via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or RSS.