Attendees will learn:
- What issues traditional management approaches are facing in today's volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous (VUCA) world, and why a new leadership approach is needed to improve outcomes in these environments.
- How a healthy agile approach supports the complexity and uncertainty of work.
- The qualities and characteristics organizations need to develop to be able to face today's world and market challenges.
- The benefits of becoming a more effective leader.
- What mindset shifts are and why they are required to effectively lead in conditions of high volatility and uncertainty.
- The importance of having a structured leadership development approach that supports leadership capability development.
- How an effective leadership approach should support improving interactions with others.
- How increased self-awareness is the key to better self-management. This improves situational adaptiveness and leadership effectiveness.
- Awareness of the impact that behaviors have on the people around us, and how they can significantly improve our effectiveness when working with others.
- Why having a growth mindset for both personal and professional growth is a critical part of effective leadership.
- Techniques for incorporating feedback that improves your ability to inspect and adapt your own leadership behavior to increase effectiveness.
- Dialog approaches that can be used to coach, provide feedback, resolve conflict, and work through difficult challenges by integrating alternative perspectives and engaging others to improve outcomes.
- How power or influence techniques can be used to be present, aware, and engaged while avoiding over-influence and micromanagement.
Certified, One-Day Course: This is a single course that takes place over one full eight-hour day with breaks. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will earn Certified Agile Leadership Essentials (CAL-E) certification from the Scrum Alliance.
Any leader (studio, project, department) who has either struggled with guiding an agile adoption or those who are interested in doing that.
- Leadership mindset shifts for guiding teams through growth and uncertainty
- Structured leadership development approaches that work
- How increased self-awareness improves situational adaptiveness and leadership effectiveness
- Techniques for incorporating feedback that improves your ability to inspect and adapt your own leadership behavior
Attendees will be required to read a 15-page document overview of the topics, so the course can focus on exercises and discussions.
Over the course of thirty years, Clinton Keith has gone from programming on advanced fighter jets and underwater robots to develop and lead on hit video game titles as a CTO and Director of Product Development. He introduced the video game industry to agile practices in 2003 and is now training and coaching video game teams. Clinton is the author of "Agile Game Development, first and second editions” and “Gear Up! Advanced Game Practices”.