Agile game development teams require an alternative to the traditional leadership approaches of the past to navigate our volatile, uncertain, complex, and dynamic industry. CAL for Teams shows you how to create a safe-to-fail environment and foster a culture of transparency, inspection, and adaptation to allow for experimentation and continuous learning within your teams. The goal of this workshop is to create awareness about the changing dynamics in today's game development environment and equip leaders with the practices they need to lead their teams with agility.
This workshop will help leaders:
- Recognize the needs and characteristics of high-performing teams. Creating an engaging organizational culture that can help influence and encourage their teams to work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Recognize the characteristics of high-performing teams and learn how to overcome the challenges that may arise when cultivating a high-performance culture. Through a case study, leaders will have the opportunity to explore how to help their team members not only as individuals but as a group to help them overcome challenges and align team values with organizational ones.
- Facilitate collaboration across their teams by identifying and overcoming challenges that teams may face in their agile journey. Through a case study, leaders will explore how other studios have empowered their teams to enhance trust and collaboration and will see how team alignment enables more impactful results.
- See how their influence on the organization and its culture and teams impacts business outcomes. Leaders will explore how to help their teams by coaching and empowering them to grow personally and professionally.
Certified, One-Day Course: This is a single course that takes place over one full eight-hour day with breaks. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees will earn Certified Agile Leadership Teams (CAL-T) certification from the Scrum Alliance.
Team leaders or those aspiring to lead teams
- How leaders’ behaviors can influence the way a team operates and organizes work
- The differences and applications of Coaching, Consulting, Mentoring, Training, and Facilitation
- Ways the culture of an organization can impact team effectiveness.
- To foster a culture that values transparency, inspection, and adaptation.
- To increase the level of employee engagement and how that relates to team performance.
- What servant leadership is and identify three key practices that can influence and enable teams.
- To help members of their team grow professionally.
- What the challenges and barriers are to becoming a high-performing team, and how a leader can help the team overcome those challenges.
- To help a team align their values and goals with those of the organization.
- To help individuals recognize areas of weakness and create positive change for themselves.
- Approaches to successfully influencing upward in your organization and explain how this can impact team performance
Leading larger teams by:
- Increasing trust and collaboration between multiple teams.
- Implementing team metrics to measure alignment with an agile mindset and how they impact behaviors and results across teams.
None. However, the CAL-E course is highly recommended.
Over the course of thirty years, Clinton Keith has gone from programming on advanced fighter jets and underwater robots to develop and lead on hit video game titles as a CTO and Director of Product Development. He introduced the video game industry to agile practices in 2003 and is now training and coaching video game teams. Clinton is the author of "Agile Game Development, first and second editions” and “Gear Up! Advanced Game Practices”. His web site is www.ClintonKeith.com
Preferred Title: Clinton Keith
Company: President, Clinton Keith Consulting